Grain Marketing (Sellers) & Price Risk Management
February 2, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm£395
WHAT IS IT? We believe that businesses are able to improve their bottom line by focusing on managing volatility and expanding their knowledge of markets. The course will give participants the knowledge and skills to improve their marketing performance through risk management tools and a clear understanding of the causes and effects of volatility.
Duration: One day
• The volatility and what drives prices;
• Risks faced by businesses buying or selling agricultural commodities;
• Key elements of UK/Global cereals & oilseeds markets;
• Physical contracts – selling spot, forward, min price etc.
• Hedging, options markets and their use in managing volatility;
• Trading strategies, placing orders, timing, hedging vs speculation;
• Implementing a risk management strategy
>> Improved knowledge about all the grain marketing tools available in your tool box to keep up with grain marketing industry.
>> Increased ability to respond effectively to market volatility.
>> Improve your businesses bottom line without taking big risks.
>> Improved ability to implement flexible & straight forward grain marketing strategies and achieve specific goals.
>> Increased capacity to adopt and identify strategic opportunities and improve performance.
>> Increased ability to protect your business from the unforeseeable.
Improve your skills in key areas: Global markets • Market analysis. • Global/ UK Ag trade flows. • Impacts of currency. • Understanding what drives the price. • Speculators/ Funds. Strategy • Protecting the downside. • Marketing to a budget. • Getting re exposed. • Avoiding yield risk. Physical markets • Managing your farms basis. • Spot, forward, min price contracts. • Recording and monitoring trades. Trading tools • Options (puts/ calls). • Hedging – why and how? • Developing and executing a plan.